Monday 9 April 2018

The theism of this land

To be simply and openly religious in a modern circle needs confidence. 

When modernity and science become God, everything that cannot be proved by it are superciliously dismissed by the worshippers of modernity.

Every village in this land is religious.

3y
Sunny Narang   I agree and have only been sustained in my theism by the rural people of this land. I refuse to have "educated" anti-everything "inner spirit" urban friends anymore ! The least I demand is openness and positive listening .
Manage

3yEdited
Aparna Krishnan Yes, I find the urban educated minds far more closed (and dismissive) compared to the openness and humility of the illiterate theist rural india. and interestingly the theist is far more open and accepting of the atheist, than the other way around (the extremists in both camps aside). i have wondered why.
Manage

3y
Sunny Narang Simply what university degree did Buddha or PBUH or Jesus have ? Or Nanak or Kabir ? If these values were not there , then we would have nothing human in human society.

What has modernity given us , Atomic Bombs, Constitutions run by Lawyers and Polic
e , it has as many if not much more negativity than any tradition . And every concept of modernity whether Nation State or Branding is totally fictional including printed money with no value basis

Don't get me going, I can tear apart every single delusionary faiths of modernity created by humans also with no scientific or rational basis . They are more irrational than any shaman , who at least has a soul connect ,. these only screw up everything, human community and nature.

Manage

3y
Aparna Krishnan The village  completely changed my understanding. Of religion as the basis of the Indian framework. Of its power to give an impoverished community the strength to practice a deep generosity, saying that food is secondary, as they fed the beggars with their own last meal. The ability to question the primacy of roti,kapda,kakaan, when posited against dharmam.
Manage

3y
Anjali Kapoor Aptly worded Aparna and true.
Before eating when I recite sanskrit mantra ओऊम अननपते.....with folded hands and eyes closed in a restaurant in Delhi people stare at me.My family is used to it by now.But I don't care as I have to thank God for providing me with food.

Manage

3y
Sunny Narang Well I am a Dilliwallah who lived with the left liberal craft environmantal activist and NGO crowd for more than two decades. Only people I found ultimately to keep friendships were rural. What subtle they all look at you as you are an anachronism from another age.
Manage

3y
Sunny Narang Once during resource collection after riots in Delhi I landed up with many sacks of whesat flour to send to a Muslim locality, and a left feminist leader whose name I will not take asked me why I had a tilak on my forehead. I had directly come from a puja . What right did she have ? Should'nt she be happy a practising Hindu is coming ? The intellectuals educated by western systems have lost it .
Manage

3y
Sunny Narang I can tell innumerable stories like this.
Manage

3y
Aparna Krishnan i know. in some recent big meeting the organiser proudly mentioned that lamps were not lit in the inaugaration.
Manage

1mEdited
Aparna Krishnan Gandhiji was devoutly hindu, and devoutly respectful of all religions. My village people are devoutly hindu, ane devoutly respectful similarly of all gods, (of Jesus they tell me,'he is also a good god, he has done much good'. Simhadri, Varalu's brother, when he was in class 10, told me on a Christmas Day,'Isu Krist was 2000 years ago - and still his goodness is remembered. Will anyone remember any of us for even ten years'.
Manage

1mEdited
Aparna Krishnan only the religious can bow to all religions. the irreligious can only dismiss all religions,

No comments:

Post a Comment