Monday 17 July 2017

Posting Truths and Realities.

I got this mail.
"Please don't be so bitter. If you post out of bitterness and negative emotion it is not good for you and it makes the situation unpleasant for the reader. Ourpourings of twisted bitterness, this will just eat you up from inside. You need more equanimity. If your aim is use facebook as a way to raise awareness then please moderate your voice and don't attack the very people who can help you. There is a positive way to give the message. The village people are not as upset as you are."
1. There is no bitterness at all. Yes, there is an sorrow and despair that I pour out. At the poverty, and at insensitivity built up by a systems that isolates the rich from the poor, and kills the soul of one and the body of the other.
2. Well, the situation is far more unpleasent than I portray. And what the poor child undergoes when he watches the rich child eating pastries behind glass walls, only the poor child knows.
3. I am not 'useing FB', and 'looking for people'. I am simply telling stories - stories of greatness, and of poverty, and of my understanding as a neighbour and friend for two decades. My work ends there. It is the god's work to change hearts.
4. The village people are malnourished and at the end of despair. And if they are less upset than me who only watches their despair - they must be gods.
And I can only share with those urbanites who feel they can 'help', that the reality needs to be seen before we can 'help' ... and one reality that has kept my perspective since my twenties is
"I sit on a man's back, choking him, and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by any means possible, except getting off his back." - Tolstoy



Jayshree Shukla Aparna - I love the quote by Tolstoy you used. As far as the mail goes - obviously sent by an idiot and a guilty one at that. Hitting out because he or she feels defensive. Pay no heed 
Manage
Aparna Krishnan Years help like nothing else does jayshree. One realises one's irrelevence, and there is neither need to be defensive, nor to assert one's correctness. There are pickles to sell, thats all ! 
Manage
Jayshree Shukla Well said, Aparna 
Manage
Aparna Krishnan  glad we agree on my irrelevence.
Manage
Jayshree Shukla Not on yours. But on the irrelevance of that mail 
Manage
Aparna Krishnan  - thanks for the clarification !!
Manage
Raghunandan Tr Write how you feel, straight from the heart. You are living a noble life. Nothing else matters. There are a few things that you write that I don't agree with fully. I see the logic in them but perhaps, because I am not made of as stern a fibre as you are, I tend to be a little moderate. But your posts do cause me to think and feel uncomfortable. Who knows, that might trigger change. Discomfort is necessary to trigger change.
Manage
Aparna Krishnan Thank you. i certianly did not want to spread bitterness. But discomfort yet - there is tremendous inconsistancy in all our lives today, and in sharing what we get to see, we may start taking small steps towards facing it and correcting it.
Manage
Raghunandan Tr You are certainly not spreading bitterness. You are saying the truth. There might be degrees of stress on certain points on which there may be disagreement. But that is no reason to change the way you say things.
Manage
Aparna Krishnan My own life is full of inconsistancies, and far from noble ! Anyway that, and I, do not matter - those are my devils of self absorbtion and insecurities that we all need to face. The main thing is the collective trip for us to reach anywhere at all.
Manage
Raghunandan Tr I think total consistency is unworkable. We are all imperfect creatures and sometimes, imperfections are necessary. 

Just try this experiment. Breathe in and out heavily for about 2 minutes, inhaling as much as as you can and exhaling out to the fulle
st. Try to be brisk about it. Then stop, You will notice that you don't breathe at all for some time. Do you know why that happens? It is because when you breathe heavily, your blood gets fully oxygenated. Then you stop breathing, because you need to have some level of carbon dioxide in your blood to stimulate the nerves to your diaphragm, so that you breathe again. 

That's the same with your soul. If your soul was perfect, then there would not be anything left to achieve. Some level of imperfection is necessary, to even prompt you to do things to get better. I think moderation, responsibility and concern for your fellow human beings is what we should be striving for, each of us in our own individual ways. You'll never get fully there, unless you are extraordinary.
Manage
Aparna Krishnan As humans we are assured imperfection . We each have one long long way to go. Which is why I feel uncomfortable when people like Gandhi are criticised. There is no need to - one learns what one can, and stays or moves on as one wishes.
Manage
Aparna Krishnan Yes, I am also realising to being too severe with oneself for one's own shortcomings is also not very fair.
Manage
Raghunandan Tr Particularly on Sundays. 
Manage
Raghunandan Tr I agree with you on Gandhi. I don't mind reasonable criticism. Why, he was pretty harsh on himself. But then, when someone hits Gandhi below the belt, with the benefit of what they think is hindsight, I feel sad.
Manage
Aparna Krishnan No Archana. Everyone has their own perspective. Only we need to lead our lives by our deepest truth. Hopefully we have the humility to consider the search for right action greater than our own sense of perfectness.
Manage
Archana Prasad Aap ke charan kahaan hain, hey mata See translation
Manage
Aparna Krishnan ayyo ! over years I have seen my deepest assurances get turned upsaide down. I'm in my late 40s now, and hopefully have learnt some uncertianity !!
Manage
Narasa Reddy End of the day,the goal must be tthe villagers to be happy -how,who,when,why,what--to be decided by them
Manage
GV Suresh It is all upto the individual how he or she takes it. I have always taken it as a positive message sent to me to restrain, not indulge, be sensitive to fellow human needs etc etc..
Keep writing as you feel..
Very Few are here who are true to themselves and the word around..

No comments:

Post a Comment