Thursday 5 March 2020

Adopted by a village

An old college friend, settled in US, met after decades. He asked, "You adopted an village?"
I answered, " No, a village adopted me."
More questions followed. Demanding to know my achievements in the village. More advice, on how i need to take science and technology to people with greater focus. And save them from their many old fashioned belief systems. On how I needed to be result oriented.
I stayed silent.
How can one encapsulate half a lifetime into a brief meeting. The turns life took. The serendipities. The unlearnings. The learnings.
The understanding of true richness. Of true wisdom. Of true wealth. And ones own poverty.
And how down the years one has been a seeker, and a receiver. More than a giver.
Maybe I should not even have answered the first question ... as the answer is only found on the road.
If one chooses to walk that road.

No comments:

Post a Comment