Thursday 19 March 2020

BSNL closing down

March 2020

As we all are taken over by the Corona tune, there are other tunes being played out.
I had gone to the BSNL office today. Just two women in the huge hall, the other staff had all left on VRS she said. No customers.
It used to be a hive of activity, with extremely competent, helpful staff. Just some months ago.
The single clerk was tired looking. Trying to handle the works of all the desks. She just told a customer on the phone that no more mobile numbers will be issued by BSNL. I waited patiently till she came to me. Gave my form. Listened to her tale of woe.
The BSNL saga is over.
The BJP government is closing down these giant public sectors, one by one. And offering the field to its capitalist friends.
And after the capitalist makes his spoils and leaves. We as a country are going to face nothingness.
With every strong public sector built up over decades finished.








Oct 2020

This is todays BSNL. One single staff in the huge hall. Rest laid off.

A flourishing institution systematically killed. By a democratic government for its corporate bosses.
I succumbed. And went to put in my papers closing our BSNL broadband connection. It doesn't work. The government strangled it. It refused it 4G when it allowed it to all commercial players.
The lady handed me a printed form saying I want to close my broadband. Everyone seems to be closing it, and they've made it simple for the public.
The destruction unleashed by this government we will never be able to recover from. Every peoples institution is being killed.



No comments:

Post a Comment