Sunday 4 October 2020

The Paalaguttapalle Family - a post a day ... Sashikanth Kaja/ Rewheel

 @sashikaja, Paalaguttapalle family.

The best of people become part of our village family 💙
Sashi runs the amazing reWheel where they make beautiful cloth bags and now masks.

We have never met, it's only been Facebook. And one day, in pandemic times, he enquiried after the women and their business.
As things took a downturn in the pandemic one day he sent me a video, "This should help the team." And that was the beginning of our foray into masks. He handheld the team through.

We were making masks with tags, and another day he connected and suggested we use elastic. In lockdown times it was impossible to get this in the village, and he cheerfully offered to purchase and mailed the elastic to the village. And three times so far !
When I thank him he says, "Please consider me one if your village kids ! I am always there for everything needed there !"
More than that is this. As he himself says. Tho technically we are competitors he has been our firmest supporter. That's the best and most beautiful part. It opens infinite imaginations. 💙💜💙





(Via @sashikaja )
Palaguttapalle
.
.
A couple of years ago, I came across this team of women from a remote village in Andhra Pradesh. They started making cloth bags to make ends meet. What inspires me and what I take out of their story is to accept and take things in your hands. Their relentless hard work got them closer to their dreams. It takes a lot of courage and strength to get to where they are today. They are persistent.
.
A few months ago, I got luckier and got to know them a little better. We started exchanging ideas on a small scale and started to help each other. Technically, they are my competitors. However, I couldn't have asked for better ones. They are family now.
.
Much later, they got to know my love for stationery. They started a ritual of gifting my stationery. Can they get any cuter?
.
More love towards you, @paalaguttapalle_bags !


No comments:

Post a Comment