Monday 11 February 2019

Sasi, then and now.

Paalaguttapalle (Dalitwada) 2014
I finally have met my Waterloo in Sasi, Eashwaramma's grandson. Among some bigger worries about the village, one smaller worry is that he has needs to have his milk with Ashwagandhadhi daily whick Varalu gives daily. He' so undernourished, and he improves so much when he has it, and he has no parents to worry for him. He stays next door and has been in and out of home since he was an infant.
Sama, Dana, Bheda, Dandam ... all have been tried and failed. Last I confiscicated his cycle, and told Varalu to retain it till he started having his milk daily. He whistled his way to school 4 km, or else forcefully sat behind his sister's cycle and made her pedal up and down I was told.
Yesterday, I returned the cycle, accepting defeat with grace, and again reverted to sama ... requesting him to have milk daily. I suppose sometimes that is all we can do.

And now ... 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment