Sunday 24 March 2019

From engineering studies to a village.

I did my engineering, and then tried to 'use my training' in such a way to address the 'real needs' of the country. I did not go abroad, when most left so that 'I could work for the country' !
Gradually moving in villages I realised that my training was no use for the real needs of the poor. It was designed to help the corporate and top down structure.

Moderm engineering is a handmaiden of the industrial civilization. And 'green technologies' is an oxymoron.

When people ask me if I wasted the taxpayer's money by getting educated in a government institute i have no answers. The institute taught nothing worthwhile to address the causes of poverty and the poor. I cut my losses, thats all ... and did not do more harm by strengthening an anti poor world !

No comments:

Post a Comment