Sunday 16 June 2019

Roopas Pickles


PaalaGuttaPallePickles orders open !

Home made, sun dried, free of preservatives using traditional Andhra recipies.

Prepared using specially sourced farmyard Lemons and Mangoes!  And Tomatoes.

Half Kg is priced at Rs.350/- including shipping. 
Availability of pickle varieties is based on seasonal availability of mangoes, lemons, tomatoes and others. So we don't sell these all year long.

Tomato
These are made with care and attention, and sustain the lives and livlihoods of the women.

Contact : 9381598081. (WhatsApp and phone). paalaguttapalle@gmail.com (Email)

Lemon


Mango Maagaaya

Mango Aavakaaya
Feedback on Pickles
  
Prabha Ramajujanm Bangalore, "See what I have, 10 kgs of lemon pickles! This is made by Roopa of Palaguttapalle, courtesy Aparna Krishnan. The village in Chitoor, in Andhra is under continous drought and the village women are trying to get some income through pickle making. The pickles are tasty. I had ordered a previous batch which I had distributed among the local people here. This time I plan to source some orders from Shops in the neighborhood, by giving out samples. I am finding how to get this done with FSSAI license and all.
I recommend other kind souls (like me ! ) to order some pickles to help in times of distress."
Radhika Ganganna, Bangalore, "Very very tasty homemade mango pickles from Dalitwada, Palaguttapalle, Andhra.  A small gesture to help the poor in rural areas to make a life of their own . . ."



What does it take to feel 'connected' to the food you eat?
I found one answer. A friend I've never met, Aparna Krishnan, lives in a village in Chittoor district, called Paalaguttappalle. As with many villages in India, there is little work available with failing rains and difficult times.

One way in which the villagers earn money is by making and selling pickles. I recently bought lemon pickle and tomato pickle and absolutely loved them. There is no brand name, no fancy prose claiming organic credentials, no assertion of superlative quality, but still I felt really connected with the food I ate yesterday. And I'll probably feel that sense of connection every meal that the pickles complement.























Enjoying yummy pickles prepared at Aparna Krishnan's village! 



No comments:

Post a Comment