Tuesday 18 June 2019

Tapte Bhookhand par ...

Sometimes I wonder why I push myself on some issues. To cycle, walk, bus as far as possible. No A/C. And other small things. When in the bigger picture there are so many compromises.
This is why I realized again today. To make common cause. With those on the edge. In some ways at least.
To remember. To never forget.
Is Tapte bhookhand par
(On this burning land)
Odthe garam reth ke beech
(Amidst the sand blowing)
Jab mein jhukoon nal par
(When I bend at the tap)
O meri pyaas
(Oh my thirst)
Mujhe dena thaakath
(Give me the strength)
Piyoon tho ek chula kam
(If i drink, let me drink a mouthful less)
Ki yaad rahe doosron ki pyaas bhi
(That I may remember the thirst of others too)
O meri bhook
(Oh my hunger)
Mujhe mat karna kamzor
(Do not weaken me)
Khaaoon tho ek kaud kam
(If i eat, let me eat a mouthful less)
Ki yaad rahe doosron ki bhook bhi
(That I may remember the hunger of others too)
O mere neend
(O my sleep)
Soouon tho ek peher kam
(If i sleep let me sleep some hours less)
Ki yaad rahe raat raat bhar khatkar kaam karne waale kaamgaron ke liye
(That i may remember the workers working through the whole night)
Ho saktha hai yeh mangal kaamanaayein
(It is possible that these thoughts may)
Prithvi ki doosre chor par ladkhadaathe kisi maanav ko thaam le
(Reach a person struggling on the other side of the world)
Aur use thaakhat de
(And give him strength)
Ho saktha hai yeh kisi kaam ki na ho
(It is possible that these are of no use)
Lekin is tharah mein khud ko kar sakoon maaf
(But in this manner I can forgive myself)
Jiyoon ek aisa janam ki pareshan na karoon
(Let me live a life which does not hurt)
Doosre janam ki aasha
(the wishes of another life )

No comments:

Post a Comment