Monday 5 May 2014

Songs

'Oh, lord make me an insrument of thy will,
where there is hatred let me sow your love,
where there is injury your pardon lord
where there is doubt true faith in you.

Oh master grant that I may never seek,
so much to be consoled as to console
to be understood as to understand
to be loved as to love with all my soul ...' - Francis of Assisi.





'Yamaraj do baar nahin kanth dhartha hai,
Martha hai jo ek baar hi martha hai' ...


("The lord of death does not take away life twice

He who dies, dies only once ...")


Lines from a school Hindi textbook of years ago surfaced to my mind.


We have but one life - to spend as meaningfully as we can - to give away, life and possesstions - for a purpose that seems most important. These lines had registered in schooldays ... and now again they surface ... maybe it is seeing Medha's pictures ??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment