Friday 13 June 2014

I had a tumour

This incident was in 1998.
I noticed had a tumour, hard and about a centimetre in width. Our allopath friend who was in the village then examined it did not like it. He said it
1. was tethered to the skin
2. that it had grown too rapidly
3. was painless
4 was not warm.
All clinically bad signs. He wanted a biopsy.
I came to Chennai to Dr. Girija from the village, and she started me on medicines. Kashayams, churnams. External applications as well. She advised me on diet restrictions I needed to follow.
I asked her if she wanted me to take a biopsy, and that I would if she wanted me to only. She said for her diagnosis and treatment it was not required ... I did not take it.
The tumour rapidly decreased with the medication, and a small residual bit dissolved over time.
Later she told me that in ayurveda a tumour was first to be treated by medicines, and if it was a case that did not respond to medicines was as per texts to be removed surgically and cauterised by fire ...
Ayurveda is the inheritence of all mankind, and especially of us Indians. To not grasp it firmly today will be our foolishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment