- WE AND OUR VILLAGE
- Village interventions.
- Village - a deeply cultured place
- The inner strength of the village
- The purpose of charity
- Annapurna and Others
- Stories of my children
- Day by day in the village.
- Health in the Village
- Schooling and education
- Enounters with the modern
- Learnings from Narmada
- Learnings Down the Years
- Village stories and philosophy
Wednesday, 11 May 2016
Village vignettes - the portion of dal
In the weekly santa, the dals are sold from small covers like this. The village people buy a quarter kg of dal tied in a small peice of newapaper with string. They cannot afford any more. This makes a weak watery dal twice a week for the family. Other days it is rasam.
This is what those who grow our dals for us can afford for themselves.