Tuesday 15 September 2020

Our Customer Speaks ... Aruna

Aruna storesall her sarees in Paalaguttapalle bags.


Read on her beautiful note on why.





...

It's indeed my privilege to be part of @paalaguttapalle_bags family and I consider this an honour to be sharing their hardwork.
🛍️
Paalaguttapalle in Chitoor district is an agrarian society wherein the people of this hamlet suffered the blowback due to massive droughts. Poverty tormented these farmers and their families. Harrowing irony to know the very people who put food on our tables have such a misery befallen them.
🛍️
There's always an epiphany for the most loving and generous of hearts. A blessed heart lady Aparna came into their lives to help the womenfolk of this hamlet to establish a fully self-managed enterprise. They make sustainable, eco-friendly, washable and biodegradable cloth bags of various sizes, shapes and prints. Their quality of the bags and workmanship is impeccable because the women who hand craft them put in their love, soul and hardwork just so we the consumers enjoy and appreciate their handicrafts made with love.
[09/09, 18:13] Aparna Krishnan: They run a tight quality check system for each batch of bags to ensure each item is tip-top.
🛍️
I have stored about 100 or so silk sarees of mine by segregating 2 sarees into each bag. The fabric is breathable yet strong. And I know from first touch, this bag will last for a lifetime.
🛍️
I always believe it is the love an artisan puts in that materializes into her masterpiece. Each woman who makes the bags are larger-than-life, dignified and resilient. To own the bags made by these powerful women, gives me so much pride in storing my beloved sarees. Not only have I organized my wardrobe, but I have added golden value to my sarees which have found a safe, dignified house (bag).
🛍️
These bags have become a hit in Europe, the Americas and Asia. I'm certain these bags made from the heart, stitched with love and sent with a dream for a better tomorrow will continue traversing the continents and oceans.
Thank you so much, Aparna for bringing our worlds together through your kindness.

#cottonbags #sareebags #women 

No comments:

Post a Comment