- WE AND OUR VILLAGE
- Village interventions.
- Village - a deeply cultured place
- The inner strength of the village
- The purpose of charity
- Annapurna and Others
- Stories of my children
- Day by day in the village.
- Health in the Village
- Schooling and education
- Enounters with the modern
- Learnings from Narmada
- Learnings Down the Years
- Village stories and philosophy
Tuesday, 10 May 2016
Village Vignettes - Modernity wins (Toothbrushes 1)
Modernity reaches Paalaguttapalle. A land of neem trees, and neem twigs. Every sustainable practice bites the dust under the march of modernity.
I think I was the only parent in the village who did not buy toothpaste for her child.