- WE AND OUR VILLAGE
- Village interventions.
- Village - a deeply cultured place
- The inner strength of the village
- The purpose of charity
- Village stories and philosophy
- Annapurna and Others
- Stories of my children
- Day by day in the village.
- Health in the Village
- Schooling and education
- Enounters with the modern
- Learnings from Narmada
- Learnings of years ...
Monday, 5 June 2017
Vata aggravation Factors
A woman of 40 came to see the doctor with severe sciatica pains.
- She sleeps at 1am every night.
- She eats a lot of vegetables and very little rice/wheat
- She has hot spicy foods.
- She has very little oil.
- She drinks a lot of cold water
All five aggravate vata, and are bound to lead to some such severe condition of pain.
The modern theory that its only the total hours of sleep that matter is rubbish. That lots of vegetables is a better diet is rubbish. And the fear of cholestrol which is leading to low oil diets is also rubbish.
The poor health of this generation is due to have completely lost a grip on protocol of food and habits. On Dinacharya and Ritucharya. On our inheritence of Ayurveda.